What are the symptoms of chlamydia (NGU)?
What to Watch For:
- Discharge from penis (clear)
- Burning or discomfort during urination
- 1 to 3 weeks after infection.
- Usually no symptoms
NOTE: Some men have no symptoms, so make sure you get checked regularly. The discharge is often mistaken as pre-cum.
How You Can Get It:
Spread during vaginal, anal and oral sex with someone who has chlamydia or NGU (Non-Gonnorheal Urethritis).
Long-term Effects if Untreated:
- You can give chlamydia or NGU to your sexual partner(s)
- Can lead to more serious infection. Reproductive organs can be damaged.
- Both men and women may no longer be able to have children.
- Increases risk of other STDs
Chlamydia is curable with antibiotics.